Seattle-Denver Center of Innovation (COIN)
COIN Investigators & Staff
Kristen E. Gray, PD, MS, BS
- Title: Research Assistant Professor, Health Services, University of Washington
- Contact: Kristen.Gray2@va.gov
- Location: Seattle
- University of Washington webpage
- See Dr. Gray's Dimensions profile that includes: publications, grants, datasets, patents and clinical trials
- Dr. Gray is an epidemiologist and health services researcher at the HSR&D Seattle-Denver Center of Innovation and a Research Assistant Professor in the Department of Health Services at the University of Washington School of Public Health. She has two broad research interests: understanding and improving Veterans’ health behaviors, particularly physical activity and diet, and women’s reproductive health care delivery. Dr. Gray has a 5-year HSR&D Career Development Award to develop and pilot test a videoconference-delivered, partner-assisted intervention to improve weight management outcomes among men and women Veterans who are overweight or obese. She also leads an HSR&D Research to Impact for Veterans project to optimize women’s reproductive health care coordination during VA’s transition to the Cerner electronic health record Dr. Gray received her PhD and MS in epidemiology from the University of Washington School of Public Health and completed a post-doctoral fellowship at the Seattle-Denver Center of Innovation.
The following images visualize Dr. Gray's work. The word cloud is drawn from publication titles. The research collaboration map shows research relationships (click the image to enlarge):
|Prevention||Behavioral and Social Science|
|Behavioral and Social Science||Clinical Research|
|Contraception/Reproduction||Clinical Trials and Supportive Activities|
Gray KE, Hoerster KD, Spohr SA, Breland JY, Raffa SD. National Veterans Health Administration MOVE! Weight Management Program Participation During the COVID-19 Pandemic. Prev Chronic Dis. 2022 Mar 10;19:E11. doi: 10.5888/pcd19.210303.
Learn more about this publication on Dimensions
Gray KE, Rao M, Gunnink E, Eschenroeder L, Geyer JR, Nelson KM, Reddy A. Home Telehealth in the Veterans Health Administration: Trends and Correlates of Length of Enrollment from 2010 to 2017. J Gen Intern Med. 2022 Mar 1:1–8. doi: 10.1007/s11606-022-07452-1. Epub ahead of print. PMCID: PMC8886698.
Learn more about this publication on Dimensions
Benson LS, Magnusson SL, Gray KE, Quinley K, Kessler L, Callegari LS. Early pregnancy loss in the emergency department, 2006-2016. J Am Coll Emerg Physicians Open. 2021 Nov 5;2(6):e12549. doi: 10.1002/emp2.12549. PMCID: PMC8571073.
Gray KE, Hoerster KD, Taylor L, Krieger J, Nelson KM. Improvements in physical activity and some dietary behaviors in a community health worker-led diabetes self-management intervention for adults with low incomes: results from a randomized controlled trial. Transl Behav Med. 2021 Aug 23:ibab113. doi: 10.1093/tbm/ibab113. Epub ahead of print.
Bossick AS, Katon JG, Gray KE, Ma EW, Callegari LS. Concomitant Bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy at Hysterectomy: Differences by Race and Menopausal Status in the Veterans Affairs Health Care System, 2007-2014. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2020 Oct 23. doi: 10.1089/jwh.2020.8503. Epub ahead of print.
Hoerster KD, Gray K, Raffa SD. Weight Management and Healthy Lifestyles. JAMA Intern Med. 2020 Oct 1;180(10):1403-1404. doi: 10.1001/jamainternmed.2020.2765.
Katon JG, Callegari LS, Bossick AS, Fortney J, Gerber MR, Lehavot K, Lynch KE, Ma E, Smith R, Tartaglione E, Gray KE. Association of Depression and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder with Receipt of Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy for Uterine Fibroids: Findings from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Womens Health Issues. 2020 Sep-Oct;30(5):359-365. doi: 10.1016/j.whi.2020.06.005. Epub 2020 Jul 22.
Campbell SB, Gray KE, Hoerster KD, Fortney JC, Simpson TL. Differences in functional and structural social support among female and male veterans and civilians. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 2020 Apr 6;. Doi: 10.1007/s00127-020-01862-4. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed
Gray KE, Ma EW, Callegari LS, Magnusson SL, Tartaglione EV, Christy AY, Katon JG. Understanding Variation in Availability and Provision of Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy: A Qualitative Study of Department of Veterans Affairs Gynecologists. Womens Health Issues. 2020 May-Jun;30(3):200-206. doi: 10.1016/j.whi.2020.02.003. Epub 2020 Apr 3.
Katon JG, Bossick AS, Doll KM, Fortney J, Gray KE, Hebert P, Lynch KE, Ma EW, Washington DL, Zephyrin L, Callegari LS. Contributors to Racial Disparities in Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy in the US Department of Veterans Affairs. Med Care. 2019 Dec;57(12):930-936. doi: 10.1097/MLR.0000000000001200.
Goldstein KM, Bastian LA, Duan-Porter W, Gray KE, Hoggatt KJ, Kelly MM, Wilson SM, Humphreys K, Klap R, Yano EM, Huang GD. Accelerating the Growth of Evidence-Based Care for Women and Men Veterans. Womens Health Issues. 2019 Jun 25;29 Suppl 1:S2-S5. doi: 10.1016/j.whi.2019.05.004.
Katon JG, Zephyrin L, Meoli A, Hulugalle A, Bosch J, Callegari L, Galvan IV, Gray KE, Haeger KO, Hoffmire C, Levis S, Ma EW, Mccabe JE, Nillni YI, Pineles SL, Reddy SM, Savitz DA, Shaw JG, Patton EW. Reproductive Health of Women Veterans: A Systematic Review of the Literature from 2008 to 2017. Semin Reprod Med. 2018 Nov;36(6):315-322. doi: 10.1055/s-0039-1678750. Epub 2019 Apr 19. PMC6613775
Grants & Funding