Seattle-Denver Center of Innovation (COIN)
Adnan Syed, BS
- Title: Professional Research Assistant, Seattle-Denver COIN
- Contact: Adnan.Syed3@va.gov
- Location: Denver
- See Adnan's Dimensions profile that includes: publications, grants, datasets, patents and clinical trials
- Working with Dr. Lucas Donovan on a project focused on evaluating a new system of nurse-conducted triage of sleep studies to improve provider time to conduct telehealth visits. Also working with Dr. Chelsea Leonard on a project evaluating FLOW3, a program comprised of three inter-related computerized applications that support prosthetic care and the prosthetic limb procurement process, and another project evaluating a program that distributes pulse oximeters to COVID-positive patients discharged from the Rocky Mountain Regional VA Emergency Department. Additionally works with Dr. Michael Ho on an evaluation of Accessing Telehealth through Local Access Stations (ATLAS), which allows rural veterans to engage in telehealth visits at Walmarts and Veteran Service Organizations, and with Dr. Tyler Miller on an evaluation of a novel tobacco cessation program.
The following research fields have been used to summarize Adnan Syed's publication (the number in parenthesis is the times that research field has appeared). The categories are based on 5 publications with 5 citations of his work, 40% of his publications have at least 1 citation:
- Sleep Research (3)
- Clinical Research (3)
- Health Services (1)
- Lung (1)
- Prevention (1)
- Behavioral and Social Science (1)
- Networking and Information Technology R&D (1)
Donovan LM, Mog AC, Blanchard KN, Magid KH, Syed AS, Kelley LR, Spece LJ, Palen BN, Arfons LM, Kirsh S, Au DH, Sayre GG. Staff Experiences with a Team-based Approach to Sleep Medicine Referrals: A Qualitative Evaluation. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2021 Nov 17. doi: 10.1513/AnnalsATS.202107-838OC. Epub ahead of print.
Donovan LM, Palen BN, Syed A, Blankenhorn R, Blanchard K, Feser WJ, Magid K, Gamache J, Spece LJ, Feemster LC, Fernandes L, Kirsh S, Au DH. Nurse-led triage of new sleep referrals is associated with lower risk of potentially contraindicated sleep testing: a retrospective cohort study. BMJ Qual Saf. 2020 Dec 22:bmjqs-2020-011817. doi: 10.1136/bmjqs-2020-011817. Epub ahead of print.
Donovan LM, Fernandes LA, Williams KM, Parsons EC, O'Hearn DJ, He K, McCall CA, Johnson KA, Kennedy MW, Syed AS, Thompson WH, Spece LJ, Feemster LC, Kirsh S, Au DH, Palen BN. Agreement of sleep specialists with registered nurses' sleep study orders in supervised clinical practice. J Clin Sleep Med. 2020 Feb 15;16(2):279-283. doi: 10.5664/jcsm.8182. Epub 2020 Jan 13. PMCID: PMC7053017.